Vision, Mission, and Values
WRF affirms its founder’s legacy who envisioned a thriving and prosperous Arkansas that benefits all Arkansans.
The mission of WRF is to improve the lives of Arkansans in three inter-related areas: education, economic development, and economic, racial and social justice.
We pursue this mission through strategic grantmaking and partnerships, and using our voice, to help close the economic and educational gaps that leave too many Arkansas families in persistent poverty. Understanding that moving Arkansas from poverty to prosperity takes time, WRF invests for the long term in efforts that promise sustained and positive impact for Arkansas. The Foundation is committed to development, promotion, and support of activities, programs, and organizations that address education, economic development, and economic, racial and social justice. Working together, the needle can and must move from poverty to prosperity for all Arkansans.
The Foundation officers and Board intend for our work to be guided by and exhibit these values:
- Equity: We work to eliminate unfair gaps between groups in education and economic opportunity so that Arkansans can thrive in a healthy and prosperous state economy.
- Engagement: We work to ensure that everyone throughout Arkansas – especially those whose opinions are rarely sought and considered – has the opportunity to be heard, to be engaged, and therefore claim their rightful place in discussions to improve Arkansas. We believe in working with people in low-wealth communities to shape their own destiny. WRF believes that building social, political and economic power among citizens is essential to eliminating inequities and building healthy communities in Arkansas.
- Partnerships: WRF values developing, supporting, and participating in partnerships that allow us to attract the support, expertise, and resources of others in the public and private sectors.
- Excellence: We strive for excellence in everything we do so that WRF is synonymous with quality and trustworthiness.
- Integrity: The Board and staff will be open and honest with one another, the state, and Foundation grantees. We will encourage the highest possible standards of conduct and ethics. We will demonstrate our values of transparency and accountability by publicly sharing our work and providing space and opportunities for citizens to discuss concerns and solutions to improving the lives of Arkansans.