The Winthrop Rockefeller Foundation provides grants to tax-exempt, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations working to improve the lives of Arkansans. To determine if your grant proposal is consistent with WRF’s focus, please visit Apply for a Grant for more information.
The Foundation’s funds are limited in relation to the great number of worthwhile proposals we receive. The organizations below offer useful information about philanthropy and may serve as a resource:
- Arkansas Nonprofit Alliance: Serves as Arkansas’s state association for nonprofit organizations. ANA works with nonprofits of every size and function with the goal of maximizing effectiveness through training, collaboration, and networking.
- The Chronicle of Philanthropy: Serves as a leading news source for nonprofit leaders, fundraisers, grantmakers, and others involved in the philanthropy.
- The Foundation Center: Provides a comprehensive database of foundations and largest grantmakers in Arkansas. Offers resources for nonprofit management, a tool for identifying funders and information about what they fund, and Foundations Today (a tutorial for understanding the foundation world).
- Grant Craft: Offers guides, videos, and case studies about making effective grants.
- GrantStation: Provides access to a comprehensive online database of grantmakers and other tools for grantseekers.
- GuideStar: Provides information to philanthropies and nonprofits to advance transparency and enable users to make better decisions and encourage charitable giving.
- Network for Good: Provides training and tools for nonprofits on effective online methods to raise funds and promote critical issues.
- Yahoo - Philanthropy: Offers a comprehensive online listing of philanthropic resources.